Friday, August 26, 2005

This morning there were 13 vultures on the building - yesterday there was only one and he did not look happy - even more ticked off than the large woman I just saw in the cafeteria who missed out on the last Cheese Danish..........

Miss America is leaving Atlantic City - they should move it to Vegas - the potential for yearly scandal would be off the charts and it would definitely help elevate the level of the contestants

The kids are stepping in and stepping up for the Mets - 4 in a row in AZ to start this 7 game trip - Mike Jacobs went 1-3 last night and his average slipped to .500 - I really hope this kid is real - the corners of the Mets infield would be set for years to come.......and I was right, the Mets really aren't missing Piazza that much - even he joked about it last night - this team is 7 over .500 with 24 of their remaining 35 against the NL East where they have a 27-23 record - they have their season in their own hands now

Would someone in the AL please finally put the stake in the heart of the Yankees ??? This is getting ridiculous - now Cleveland is stepping it up since the A's have somewhat faltered in the Wild Card race - and Yankee fans, your team has a $210M payroll - shouldn't they be playing for the Division Title and not just the Wild Card ?

Are White Bucks too formal for the office on Casual Friday ?

Jets-Giants tonight - will the brawl in Albany make a reappearance ? Probably not on the field but it will in the stands - only Giants and Eagles fans probably fight more often.......I am still a long way from convincing myself that Ron Dayne is real.....fantasy football draft is coming up next week and I need to finish my pre-rankings - I also need to join a public league where I can be the king of the waiver wire - I also need to start up a salary cap league and find another 2 or 3 more suicide pools to join........I haven't paid attention to any of the pre-season college football coverage yet - I have seen a lot of replays of games from last year on the various Fox sports channels - I'll be psyched to have the games back for real come the fall - they will fill an awful lot of those 5am workout slots - the more obscure the conference, the better

Some mornings just say Toby Keith and this was one of those mornings

Now Sports Illustrated is looking into the Outdoor Life Network - there may be hope for me seeing NHL games after all - I would hate to be stuck with only being able to see the Devils or the Fishstix when my Rangers aren't on.......Rangers signed another very large young player with impressive penalty minutes down in the AHL - they may not be all that good this year but it looks like the fans at MSG will be getting their money's worth - especially since Dolan actually did lower the price by 10% this year like he promised......it was strange seeing Brian Leetch in a Toronto jersey last year but seeing him in a Bruins jersey this year is going to hurt as much as seeing Brad Park in a Bruins jersey all those years ago.......Rick Middleton for Ken Hodge is still a trade that haunts me late at night......where did the Penguins suddenly get $$$$ ????.......Does anyone actually care about the Flyers ? I know I don't. There actually isn't another sport where I really dislike every other team in the league as much as I dislike the other teams in the NHL - I can tolerate most of the Western Conference teams but I can't find a single redeeming thing to say about another Eastern Coference team - it's just the way it is.

I haven't see Quite Frankly with Stephen A. Smith and quite frankly I am not in a real hurry to see it either - it sounds like he hasn't quite hit his stride yet with the show anyway.

LOST Season 1 DVD on 9/6 – 2nd season premiere on 9/21 at 9pm Eastern…….

I'm late on this one but it is called the "Alan Houston Rule" for a reason !!!! The basketball does not promise to be pretty at MSG this year....

Last week's culinary adventure was Scallop Pizza with Red & Yellow Tomato sauces and Manchego cheese (thank you Rachel Ray for the cheese) - quick easy and real good if I do say so myself - not sure what is on tap for the weekend but I have all day Sunday to experiment in the kitchen

Back to Fantasy Football - it's my annual quandary - do I ban all of the other AFC West teams (and the Giants) from my rosters or do I sell out to the awesome stats of Priest, Gates, Moss and most likely, Lamont Jordan ? Probably only in my public league

Van Zant's "Help Somebody" and Brad Paisley's "Alcohol" are my two new current favorites in the rotation on VH1 Country - I still have to shake my head at Faith Hill's attempt at rocking out in her "Mississippi Girl" video - I have never seen her in concert but it just doesn't look natural for her - I liked her blonde better

More shallow news bunny news from your truly, Erica Hill has re-surfaced (or I actually finally found her) on CNN Headline News Prime News Show every night - I miss her at 5am......Carol Costello & Kristine Johnson have both been on vacation this week and greatly missed.....

Is it ever smart to pick a road team in a Suicide Pool ?

Hello Jessica Simpson, this is a sandwich, you eat it. ......CMT showed the "new" version of her Boots video last night - no more pink bikini car wash - got replaced by random clips from the movie......why ?

I have had the chance to have some real Colombian Coffee the last 2 mornings and now I know why they smoke so much weed down there too - this stuff could give Espresso a run for it's money....

I'm banking on Jeff Gordon to show some pride this weekend in Bristol - some no name is going to three jack & steer job himself to a win in the PGA's Buick No Name Championship - my own golf game continues it's sabbatical which is probably a good thing....

Thanks for wasting your time reading this - Whiskey for my men and Beer for my horses.......

No comments: