Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Parked in Jan Erixon's spot today and Walter's again yesterday. Didn't park on Monday because I was playing Baltusrol and you weren't !!! Shot an 87 on the Upper Course. Could have easily broken 85 if a couple of putts had dropped or I hadn't babied so many chips with my lob wedge. (Incidentally, a club I plan to assinate soon.) My caddy was mostly worthless and more concerned with catching the first pitch of the yankees game than anything else but he did give me a great read (finally) on my last putt so I walked off the course with a birdie. Hope I get invited again next year.

Speaking of parking, what kind of idiot parks his jaguar in the train station commuter lot. You & your ego deserve the dings in your doors and I hope you get lots of them.

and speaking of commuting, I really don't mind my morning commute all that much. My train isn't too crowded and not very often, but it happened today, a hot chick sits in the middle seat. Last night I got stuck with an overly cologned 20 something guy with tons of gel in his hair who played games on his cell phone the whole ride. But I digress....it's the commute home that kills me. I understand that NYC is a metropolitan vacation destination for the world but we need to set a few rules & guidelines here. I hereforth decree the following -

No walking 3 or 4 abreast and no holding hands. You are in my way. Move.

No meandering. Pick a line and walk it. You are in my way. Move.

The Empire State Building will be there later today too so come back after I safely on my train. You are in my way. Move.

In fact, from 4:30pm to 6:00pm I don't want any tourists at all between the following streets. Park Avenue between 39th and 38th. 38th between Park & 5th. The west side of 5th (I'll give you the east side because of the evil place of which I cannot speak) between 38th & 36th. 36th between 5th and Broadway. I don't want you on 37th either because I may turn that way to get to 6th&Broadway instead of going down to 36th. I don't have to worry about you walking down 35th because no one but fast walking commuters walks on that street because there is absolutely nothing worthwhile on that street for anyone other than a couple of bums. I will then fight through all of you down 7th to the entrance to Penn at 32nd. And when we get to the stairs, stay to the right if you are slow and never, never, never stop. You are in my way. Move.

I don't thunk I have asked for much.

Pedro hasn't won since April and the Mets are still in 1st. And let's all back off Lastings Milledge and his high 5's down the rightfield line. I would much rather see that kind of exuberance and excitement and interaction with the fans than yet another Barry Bonds at bat, update or interview. MLB needs moments like that to offset the bad taste that Bonds is leaving in the mouths of the fans.

And I have to wonder, does the rest of the country hate Bonds as much as New Yorkers do ? He was chasing a NY Icon in the Babe so you could count on more heat than usual. I heard a caller from Boston tell Fat Mike & the Angry Puppy that people up there just didn't care.

Dwyane Wade has a sinus infection - suck it up and play - this is the NBA Finals not a Tuesday night game in Oklahoma City. I thunk that Dallas has too much depth on their roster for the Heat to overcome and the Heat are also coached by Pat Riley - who I hate and that is the fax - so I say Dallas in 6. I can't wait to see David Stern have to hand the trophy to Mark Cuban.

Jussi or Conklin ? Edmonton is screwed. They really have to hope that Pisani & Peca and the rest of the team really step it up if they want to have a chance now. I will still stick with my initial prediction of Edmonton in 7 in Triple OT. NBC will love that game........

Firecrotch - what a great nickname for Lindsay Lohan. Makes you wonder what Paris Hilton could be called - septic tank crotch ?

Elevator Fun Fact of the Day - 15 years ago today "City Slickers" was the #1 movie in America.

Father's Day Alert - Rick Reilly has a new golf book out. My kids have already bought it for me. They just don't know yet.

Saturday June 17 3pm - USA vs Italy - it will be ugly in our house..........it should be Brazil vs Germany in the Final but I would love to see an African nation sneak in. I hope that ESPN is replaying games at 4am for my workout.

Speaking of 4am TV - CMT Pure Country has replaced VH1 Country (no difference) and MSNBC has started replaying "The Most" with Alison Stewart - great mindless fun - as long as she keeps her hair down, I won't get distracted by her pointy spock ears. CNN Headline News really needs some overnight talent because the empty suits that they have sitting there now really suck.

Haven't seen the semi-finale yet but I hear that the Soprano's was more Bada-Blah than Bada-Bing.......

Miranda Lambert looks great in her new video - "New Strings" - her east Texas twang just kills me........

We got a giant Starbucks machine here at work - takes forever for it to make a bad cup of coffee....

Can't wait to take the kids to see "Cars" - it looks like a lot of fun.........Tony Stewart is going to need to catch a few breaks if he wants to stay in contention for the Chase. I know it's still early but there are too many good drivers out there now who are really starting to push......

I shot an 87 at Baltusrol just in case you didn't know......

Peter King thunks that Ricky Williams is regretting his decision to play in Canada based on one preseason game - 7yds on 4 carries - ridiculous - the only thing that Ricky probably regrets is that he can't speak canadian..........

Tomatoes are starting to take off and so are the beans - my peppers need some careful watching - what they all really need more than more rain is some hot sunny days.......

Still not hitting my weight in ESPN's Diamond Daily but I did get a dinger last night......

Ipod shuffle song of the day - "Don't Look Back" by Peter Tosh & Mick Jagger. I will never forget the episode of SNL when Tosh started playing the song and Jagger came high stepping out from the back - the crowd at 30 Rock and the crowd in our living room both went crazy......

"Your mom is a pain in the neck and your cooking stinks"......like the Dude, swampy abides

No comments: