Wednesday, May 10, 2006

It's Final 4 night - A night in which we have said good-bye to Tamyra Gray, Josh Gracin, LaToya London and Anthony "Sergei" Fedorov.....

Taylor - He's a performer and an entertainer. I didn't love his first song and I am getting tired of his antics but he did well on his second song. He got a ton of shout outs to the Soul Patrol.

Elliott - He looked like "Teen Wolf" when he met with Tommy Mottola. He has a great voice but no charisma - no potential star power - he is Simon Cowell's worst nightmare from a sales perspective out of the Final 4. He was fine and based solely on his voice he would be safe.

Chris - not all surprised by the first song choice but I felt he didn't rock it out enough - The Fine Young Cannibals did it a lot better - the 2nd song I was sure would be a bomb but he nailed it.

Katharine - "Hi. My name is swampy. I'm a Kat-a-holic". There now that I got that out of the way - she blew it tonight. She started out fine but a song medley sounds to "theme park" at this stage of the game and you just knew that Randy was going to kill her for forgetting her lines. Her 2nd song was our wedding song and mrs. swampy almost broke the TV - she was too soft to start, completely oversang the 2nd part and ran out of steam trying to hit # 714 at the end. I can tell you that I did not get many busy signals as I dialed her # an hour after the show. And as an aside, the way that Tommy Mottola was ogling Kat, do you think Thalia should start to get worried ?????

So my bottom 2 were Kat (I hated typing that) and Taylor with Kat needing to go home....

but I think America will put Elliott & Taylor in the bottom 2 and it will "Teen Wolf" who will be leaving....

And I would not put it past Seacrest to say "Ladies & Gentlemen, (Blank) has left the building.".....

swampy abides....more later

No comments: