Wednesday, April 19, 2006

My American Idol thunks for Songs from the Great American Songbook night.....

Chris - I expected the alt-rock version of a standard but then read that arrangements had to stay true to the original. I figured he was screwed but he put together a very nice rendition and performance. He was safe no matter what he did anyway.

Paris - So who are you playing dress up as this week ? Natalie Cole ? You don't look right in what you are wearing. The song was okay for me and better than some of your other weeks but I am just not a fan.

Taylor - Good thing that there were 2 halves to that song - you killed the ending and that was what they showed in the recap. The Soul Patrol should pull him through.

Elliott - eh. This could actually be a genre that you could make some decent coin in should you get a record deal. Nice enough voice but absolutely nothing remarkable about him in any way. Bottom 3 no matter what he does.

Kellie - Yikes !!! Bewildered is right. Good thing you have "great shoes". Her fans are going to have to do a lot of dialing......and Simon said it looked like she was wearing her prom dress - wrong - this is Kellie's Prom Dress...http://dlisted.blogspot.com/2006/03/what-kellie-pickler-wore-to-her-prom.html

Ace - Double Yikes !!! You look ridiculous and you may have just saved Kellie Pickler from having the worst performance of the night. Time to finally go home - please !!!!!!

Katharine - No surprise that she killed here. I have heard better versions of the song - but then again, I am old so it makes sense that I have heard a lot of versions too - but this was up there. She looked great and sang beautifully. One problem that I could see is that I only got 5 busy signals - while voting for her about 15 times - 45 minutes after the show ended on the East Coast. She does seem to have a west coast fanbase so maybe they will pick up the slack.

Bottom 3 in reality - Kellie, Ace, Elliott - Bottom 3 per America's votes - Ace, Elliott, Paris - pack your bags Ace and give us one last pout as you sing yourself out......

thunks about the Rangers a little later today......

swampy abides

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It was nice to hear Katherine NOT scream her way around a song. She was in her element, and deserved the vote I called in for her. Ace needs to start packing. The vocal was OK, but the ponytail blew it for me.