Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Sucky Bucky finally hit the door last week - he stuck around longer than he should have which just goes to show that you never can underestimate the lack of taste in the American Public......I mean you are currently reading my drivel so I rest my case........

Great American Songbook hosted by Rod Stewart - this should be an interesting week in that no one is really hurt by the genre. Chris might have the hardest time but quite a few standards could be arranged in a way that plays to his strength. I would think that "My Way" would play well for him. Kellie is fairly safe but her potetial downfall could be picking a song that is too big for her. Katharine should knock this one out of the park no matter who or what she sings. Ace & Paris can make eyes at the camera and play dress-up in order to try and stay ahead of a fading Elliott. Taylor should set up a rematch with the mic stand and sing Dean Martin's "Ain't that a kick in the head".........

and now on to more important things.......

Henrik is back tonight and we need him to be sharp and we need the boys to step up and validate this season. Making the playoffs is great but at this point nothing short of winning the Atlantic will due. We can't go into the playoffs on a 5 game slide and in NJ, Philly or Buffalo.....Marc Staal has been sent to Hartford - I bet if his season had ended a week earlier he would have played in one of the last 4 games......Kasparaitis & Rucchin will be welcome returns to the line-up......and I best not see Colton Orr in the line-up.......is it 7pm yet ?

The Texans aren't going to take Reggie Bush ???? I can't see Gary Kubiak being in favor of that move.....The Broncos have had 14 WR's in for pre-draft visits - I wonder if they are going to pick a WR with one of their 1st Round picks ???????

Celebrity Cooking Showdown is a disgrace..............Deal or No Deal had soem B Team Briefcase chicks in the line-up last night............How did Mark Burnett wind up with this annoying cast of idiots ???? Courtney, Shane & Danielle may be the least deserving survivors ever.......no LOST this week as we get a 2 hour return of Alias - I know that Jennifer Garner has been tainted for life and that I have dropped her from all of my lists but I have to admit that she is looking very, very MILFy these days........even so-so repeats of Two and a Half Men are funny.....it was Battle Carp on Iron Chef at 4am - I chose not to watch - caught the final fight scene from Lethal Weapon instead..........

I hope that Carrie Underwood releases "Before He Cheats" as her next single/video - the humor in seeing her do shots of whiskey and beat up a car with a bat would be worth the 3+ minutes......and speaking of Carrie, I hate Rascal Flatts but I have to give them props at the CMT Awards for starting their acceptance speech by stating that they were glad that Jesus was no taking the wheel in this category too......

I hate to quote Al Davis but..........JUST WIN BABY !!!!!!!

swampy abides........

No comments: